Courtney's Reviews > Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine

Systematic Theology by Wayne A. Grudem

F_50x66
Jan 23, 08

I started reading this in September of 2007 and am involved in a 15 month discussion group so I will be reading this book for all of 2008. It's a very organized (thus "systematic") manner of looking at what Scripture has to say about various topics, from the canon of Scripture to its inerrancy and sufficiency, to the Trinity, to God's providence, to satan and demons, to creation, to election, and the list goes on. There are 57 chapters - each covers a different topic and includes every Scripture referecne related to that topic so that is is clear what the Word (not man) has to say about each. The author states his position and alternative positions of other believers and even other religions and gives the reasons behind all positions. I believe that we are to be students of the Word and to learn about Scripture and God everyday. This book is based soley on Scripture and really puts things into perspective. Truly a must-read for any believe who desires to grow in faith and understanding of the Word and the world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Systematic Theology.