Juliana Es's Reviews > Even Angels Ask: A Journey to Islam in America

Even Angels Ask by Jeffrey Lang

Jul 08, 11

bookshelves: i-own, 2011
Read from January 11 to July 09, 2011

Reading this books is like as if I'm taking the journey to Islam alongside the author (not as an atheist, though). When stumbled upon some of his provoking thoughts, I had to take a detour for a while - out of curiosity - to research on the issues or topics that he argued in this book. I must say, the reading experience is a fulfilling one, and I love the fact that this book makes my reading list grows exponentially.

Jeffrey Lang was born a Christian, but somewhere in his life - just like any other fellow Americans - he became an atheist. Learning about Islam was merely an act of his curiosity, but during his journey it turned out that he found all the answers he had been asking himself when he was a Christian and an atheist.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Even Angels Ask.

01/11/2011 page 18
7.0% "This is indeed a well written book. I'm glad I made the decision to buy it.

Dr Jeffrey Lang, in inviting his readers to take the journey with him, asks the readers to pretend as an atheist, yet open-minded enough not to dismiss a point of view without at least considering it."
show 4 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Khairul H. (new)

Khairul H. "asks the readers to pretend as an atheist, yet open-minded enough not to dismiss a point of view without at least considering it."

Then shouldn't he ask them to be an agnostic instead of an atheist? Yes, I'm being pedantic.

Juliana Es Khairul,

message 3: by Moro (new)

Moro Juliana Es wrote: "Khairul,
Ada sebabnya mengapa Dr Jeffrey Lang meminta begitu (which I omitted from this notes). When I have finished reading it, I'll (try to) explain it in a more descriptive review, insya Allah."

Sorry, dont know how to contact you. I wanna buy this book in malaysia, where did you get your copy?

Juliana Es Moro, I got mine from Kinokuniya.