Kiera Beddes's Reviews > Away Laughing On A Fast Camel: Even More Confessions Of Georgia Nicolson

Away Laughing On A Fast Camel by Louise Rennison

Nov 26, 10

bookshelves: eng-420, audiobook
Read from November 25 to 26, 2010

Genre: teenage angst, coming of age, relationships, etc
Summary: more confessions, same story, same characters. Oh, excuse me, there is a new character, Massimo, the new lead singer of the Stiff Dylans. Of course, he's creamy dreamy, of course Georgia falls madly in love, but whenever she is around him, all she can think of is...nothing. Her mind goes out the window. Fortunately, Dave the Laugh is there to coach her in the ways of getting a man. And of course, whenever they are together, they must snog. So much kissing.
Response: I just want Georgia to GROW UP. I can't take much more of this. I bought the movie, which was based on the first two books, and Georgia grows up more in that movie than she does in the five books I've read so far. Plus, I listened to this book, narrated by the author, which you know, was fun and interesting but come on. After every book, I become this whiny teenager again (not that my family notices a difference, mind you). Sometimes it's more fun than other times. I just want Georgia to wake up, realize that Dave the Laugh is the one for her and forget about playing the field and raging against her parents. However, I read some reviews of the last book, and I have a feeling that I may be disappointed. I think the concept of a teenage girl's diary is a good one, but dragging it on for so long might be a bit much. The audience will only pay attention to a character that doesn't change for only so long.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Away Laughing On A Fast Camel.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tasha Funny review! I totally agree about Dave the Laugh being the one for her, but that's what happens when you've got the Cosmic Horn.