Andrea's Reviews > Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day: Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day

Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day by Teri Crane

Jan 27, 08

bookshelves: parenting, non-fiction, 2008
Recommended to Andrea by: parents
Recommended for: parents
Read in January, 2008

Jumping in again. This will not be a fun read, I'm sure, but it is next on my stack of books from the library. They are all in order of due date. Better get truckin'. The latest due date is 2/6 and there are 5 or more books in the stack.
1/23/08 Through page 70 and this book is not just about potty training. It offers important information about parenting in general. There are fun quotes from celebrities, grandmothers, and other moms. There are fun (could it be possible) facts about the toilet and potty training. Here is what the book says thus far in simplified terms: have a potty party. Have a theme and make it fun. Wait until the child is completely ready. If you potty train a child too early (before they are able to do everything on their own) you are really just potty training yourself to notice when a bathroom need arises.
So here are the steps thus far:
1. Prepare yourself with the right attitude.
2. Make sure your child is completely ready, willing, and able. This includes other preparation steps worked on gradually up to this point.
3. Purchase or gather the supplies: potty, doll (to be used when the child teaches the dolly to use the potty once the party begins), training charts (one for the doll, one for the child), footstools, flushable wipes, and bed-liners for a double made bed.
4. Make sure all the building blocks are in order. The child should know certain things before the day begins. (ex: the child should know how to wash hands and wipe, etc)
1/24/08
5. Puchase all the supplies you will need (shopping lists provided in the book).
6. Get a good night sleep.
7. Potty Party Day. The book includes 12 themes for parties and all of the supplies, drink ideas, treat ideas, decoration ideas, and gift ideas.
8. Maintenance.
This is, of course, a highly over-simplified synopsis of the book. I haven't even covered a portion of the ideas and logic behind the system. I can't say for sure if this book and all of its theories work. I can say that it sounds pretty simple. The idea is logical. I plan to try it when we get there. We aren't to step number two yet. I'll be checking this book out again when we get closer to Potty Party Day. Until then, if you are in need of an easy to follow, step-by-step instruction book on how to potty train your child, you should check this book out and see if the system will work for you.
Started:1/23/08
Finished: 1/25/08
268 pps

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Maynard please let me know if this book actually works like it claims. Potty training days are coming up soon enough :(