Scarlet369's Reviews > Chain Reaction

Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles

Sep 07, 11

bookshelves: scarlet-s-favorites
Read in September, 2011

Chain reaction is about Luis Fuentes the youngest son of the Fuentes family. He is known in previous books to be the innocent, goal oriented, dedicated son of the family. In this book though we see that Luis is one cocky SOB!! All three brothers have been famous for the drop dead looks and the known receiver of the double take from all the girls (and possibly some guys too). But Luis for me tops both Alex and Carlos. He is cocky, confident, passionate, and not afraid to flaunt it. His personality was more real to me then either one of other perfect chemistry books and I commend the author for that. He is so sweet to when it comes to Nikki that I just want to pinch his cheeks (or claim him for myself=p).

Now Nikki is not what I expected. From the synopsis of the story I gathered that she was supposed to be the bad ass, gang member in the relationship and she was going to be the one to corrupt Luis. We quickly find out though that, that's not the case. Luckily for me anyway, we find out that Nikki is a north sider with an attitude. Maybe it's the Latino in her coming to life. All I know is that I loved her character because she was cocky, smart aleck, and won't take crap from anyone. I admit that in the beginning I had my doubts about her but once Luis and Nikki's first introduction passes and we move onto the real story she became my absolute fave character next to Luis of course.

Luis and Nikki flowed easily together. There was actual chemistry between the two. And the inevitable declaration of love was more realistic. It wasn't some white knight, sweeped away to happily ever after crap. Instead it was semi-realistic sticking with how actual teenagers would profess their love for one another.

There was a couple of people I didn't like though. Cesar the cop/landlord who falls for their mom is stupid!! He serves no point to me. And honestly I kept waiting for him to slowly fade into the backdrop.*sigh* unfortunately that didn't happen and in the epilogue we find out he becomes their step-dad. YUCK!!!!

......Moving on this book was a fast romantic read and it kept me captivated for hours. I enjoyed it immensely and I would definitely, definitely, DEFINITELY recommend it to anyone who is apprehensive about the sequel. Or were as nervous to pick up the book as I was.

Seriously that cover was so erotic looking that I was semi-embarrassed and nervous to check it out at my school library. I kept waiting for them to scan it and mumble teenagers these days it's all about sex!

p.s. I said in my last review of this book they were chained together. That is false you later on find out in the book the inspiration for the cover. (view spoiler)

p.s.s This is by far the best book out of the Perfect Chemistry series!!! Not kidding go get your copy SOON!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chain Reaction.

Quotes Scarlet369 Liked

“Nobody really knows her
Except the chosen few
Her secrets are kept hidden
Behind that sun-kissed hue.

If I reach out to touch her
She’ll just run away
My Forever and Always
Will have to wait another day.”

Simone Elkeles
“I love you because you’re the only person I want to make love to without any conditions and—and I love that you need me.”

Simone Elkeles
“You make me believe in the impossible.”

Simone Elkeles
“Why are you making a joke out of this?" she asks.
"Because it's stupid, Nik. There's not even room in my day to think about someone else.”

Simone Elkeles
“Love. Is it just a word that boys use to manipulate girls?”
tags: love