Danielle's Reviews > Adam

Adam by Jacquelyn Frank

Nov 01, 11

Ever since I picked up Jacob I was caught up in this outstanding world, so when I had the chance to review it of course I took it. The Nightwalker books is one of the first paranormals I read and have yet to look back.

Now this wasn't my favorite book in the series but it did actually come pretty close. Adam is the oldest brother to Jacob and Kane. A long ago, Adam disappeared from not only his home but from his job as Enforcer. Jacob searched for him but found no trace of him. Finally Adam mysteriously shows up centuries later and Jacob isn't the only one surprised to see him.

I will tell you that I just loved the fact that Jacob's daughter has a special talent and it plays a key role in everything that happens. Well maybe I like it so much because well let's face it I am a sucker for Jacob. *dreamy sigh*

The one thing I didn't like about this book was the time jumping within the first half of the book. I was starting to get confused in what time everything was in fact going on. But eventually everything does come together and and begins to make sense. Ruth returns and the way the story plays out and the way it finally wraps up was just perfect.

If you are a fan of the Nightwalker series you will not be disappointed in this book. You get the chance to see previous characters play major roles in this fantastic story. I know it was time for this series to end and Frank did it so wonderfully and for sure came out on top.

Happy Reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Adam.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurielu (last edited Nov 01, 2011 02:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections Interesting. So, this is Ms. Frank's "wrapped all up with a bow" book? I did not know the series was coming to an end. I am a huge fan of the Nightwalkers. I recently have done a re-read of this series in anticipation of this book coming out. I am almost done with Damien- that vampire is just, well... he revs my motor. Who is Adam's love match in this book? *gasp* No!!! If you told me would it be a spoiler?

Jacquelyn Frank Thank you so much Danielle for a fair and...dare I say it...spoiler-free review. :) I've had other complaints about the time jumping. I had thought I paced it well enough...ah well. And while it does bookend the series...I don't want ANYONE to think they will never see these favorite characters again. I have plans...muhahaha!

d‘Milady *aka*Dawn I just finished the series for the first time and am bummed to hear that Adam is the last book! I am now starting the Shadowdwellers! So glad I have found another author that I am enjoying reading and sharing with friends!