Ren's Reviews > Burning Skies

Burning Skies by Caris Roane

Like Ascension, I won this book from the author too :)

And this book is BETTEEEEEEEERRR than the first book!!! Not like Ascension, that I want DNF at the middle of the book, but with some magic (or full of willingness, I try to finish), I love this one!!
While I can't connect with the hero and heroine from the first book, I enjoy Marcus and Havily relationship in Burning Skies. Definitely more romantic and the love scene more steamy than the first!

Did I say that my favorite character is Endelle? This woman is the leader of Warrior of Blood, and like the first book, she still bitchy, mad and crazy like before. Her character reminds me of Nix from IAD by Kresley Cole, but of course she more though and bitchy than Nix! How I want Endelle have her own book, and she finally meet her mate..

I will write complete review soon, and can't wait for book 3 Wings of Fire (World of Ascension, #3) by Caris Roane.. The characters, Parisa Lovejoy and Antony Medichi was introduced in this book (Antony already had from the 1st book).. Something bad happen to Parisa, and yesss, August, please come in!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burning Skies.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lizzielvr (new) - added it

Lizzielvr I'm like you, half way through the first book I just stopped reading, thinking I would read it later, but I still haven't finished it! Now I will have to check out the second book and maybe try to finish the first one. Thanks Ren!

message 2: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Your welcome! ^_^
I'm myself still shocked because I love this one more than the first (while I give 4, but maybe I'll give it just 3,LOL) In the first book, I almost sleep, and it's a bad sign of course, because it's mean the book not good enough. But I can't stop read this book, even I'm sick, I still read this.
So yes, try to read it.. I thing, maybe the author to much told about story background at the first book and not to the character first :)
But not in this one

message 3: by Lizzielvr (new) - added it

Lizzielvr Maybe when you feel better you can decide if it's a 3 or 4 star! Feel better soon!

Vanessa theJeepDiva Endell is something else right. I want to hate her, but I just love her. LOL