Donald's Reviews > Turning Home: God, Ghosts and Human Destiny

Nov 26, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: 2010
Read from November 24 to 26, 2010

I pick this book up from my library because it mentions something I've been researching—specifically, Mothman. I continued reading the whole of it because it presented interesting ideas.

The main thrust of this book is something that Paul calls the multiverse. He theorizes that our reality—our where and when—abuts others like so many soap bubbles. Further, he says that there is always some crossing over going on.

He says that there are parasitic others who feed off of what is basically bad juju, bad karma, bad feelings. He goes on to say that we don't die. We simply leave our husk of a body behind and move on to another possibility — another soap bubble. Sounds like reincarnation to me.

He mentions Mothman in passing as one which has crossed the boundary to warn, to terrorize, to feed off the impending disaster. Mothman and its ilk are the parasitic others that cross over as bad angels.

I'm glad I read it. Though it could have been whittled down. By the time I got to the last quarter of it, I was ready to give it up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Turning Home.