Td's Reviews > A Dish Served Cold

A Dish Served Cold by Andrew Ashling

Nov 25, 10

bookshelves: dark, angst, slaves, wusses-beware

After reading this story I read the review written by Lily. I couldn't agree with her more. I particularly agreed with how the whole indentured service/slavery issue was described and how it did make a sick kind of sense. Excellent, excellent review, it summarizes this story perfectly, so yeah...what she said.

What I really like about this author is how easily he manages to manipulate emotions or rather mess with your head. You know he's going to do it, he kind of warns you that this is his intent and still manages to pull the rug from under you when you think you have things figured out. There was a line that stuck with me: "We watched, torn between bewilderment, revulsion and captivation." That's pretty much how I felt reading it too.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dish Served Cold.

message 1: by Andrew (new) - added it

Andrew Ashling Sorry for pulling the rug from under you, Td. :) And thank you so much for letting me know you liked the story.

message 2: by Td (new) - rated it 5 stars

Td I have to admit, Andrew, I was a bit hesitant after reading The Invisible Chainsfirst and falling in love with it. But nope, it would be like comparing apples to oranges and I happen to enjoy both. Thank you.