Sandra Stiles's Reviews > Stolen Child

Stolen Child by Marsha Forchuk Skrypuch

Nov 24, 10

bookshelves: historical-fiction, middle-grades

Imagine coming to a new country with someone who tells you to claim she is your mother. After all she did save your life. Imagine you don't really know who you are. Nadia is in Canada with Marusia and Ivan pretending to be their daughter. Her nightmares lead her to believe she is a Nazi. How does she find out the truth? This was a wonderful book. I'd not heard of the Lebensborn children so now I can look for more information on this subject. This is a book I will definitely recommend to my students. I think it should be on our 8th grade reading list.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stolen Child.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Marsha Dear Sandra,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback about my novel, Stolen Child. I am currently writing a companion novel, which is about Nadia's sister. That book will be coming out in 2012 and is called Making Bombs For Hitler.

Sandra Stiles Marsha wrote: "Dear Sandra,

I look forward to reading it. Please let your publisher know I am more than willing to read an ARC if one becomes available. The story stuck with me and created a lot of discussion among my students and myself. Thanks for writing such a wonderful book.

Marsha Thanks, Sandra. I'll let my publishers know. If any of your students would like to ask me questions, I would be happy to answer -- just direct them here.

I tend to write about those pieces of history that have been shoved under the carpet. Makes me feel a bit like a detective.

Sandra Stiles I look forward to finding more of your gems.

Marsha Thanks, Sandra!!