Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Envy

Envy by J.R. Ward

Oct 20, 11

bookshelves: angels-demons, genre-paranormal-romance, read-audio-books
Read from September 06 to 07, 2011

Thomas DelVecchio Jr IS MINE!!!!!

Wow, what a ride this book was! I love the fact that we first met Veck in Lover Unleashed but to tell you the truth I didn't think much of him then. He didn't excite me at all and I had no crazy major interest in reading this book, other than I wanted more Jim and Adrian and Eddy.

Veck is the son of a notorious serial killer who is now serving a sentence in jail for crimes he committed long ago. He has lived his whole life with the stigma and he carries himself a certain way because of that. There's a whole cult of followers who adore his father.

Of course now the time has come to battle for his soul, will Devina win this time? Or will it be a win for Team Herron?

So I told you how awesome Veck is, but I actually liked Reilly too. She was a good other half for him and their chemistry was excellent. And don't get me started on their chemistry between the sheets. But I give Veck props for all that. He is amazing.

Jim and Sissy... the whole thing is just sad! I hope that someone he can rescue her and they can be together, can that actually happen? How old was she again anyway? That would be cute.

Nigel and Colin... interesting. I liked getting a bit more insight in what happens in the Angel world. It's not all roses up there either.

Adrian and Eddy... I can't address this. My heart was broken and I couldn't stop the tears. I don't know where the plot will go from here on this.

The threesome? It was sad. As in emotional and not in the good way. Empty. And it was meant to be that for the story.

Brothers? Heck yeah! Spotted a black SUV racing down the highway and a big hunky man that came to the hospital at the end.

The setup for the next book... WTF!??!?!?!?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Envy.

50.0% "OMG Please tell me that DIDNT happen!!" 5 comments
09/06/2011
60.0% "Damn with the interruptions!!"
09/06/2011
65.0% "Maybe she was dumb-blonding it, even though she didn't have any hair."
09/07/2011
79.0% "What a mess!!!!"
09/07/2011
86.0% "Omg I had it right!!!!" 5 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen You did this one on audio book? Was the narrator good?

Diana (Offbeat Vagabond) Ooooh, I can't wait to start this. I love this series. Glad it is a winner. So excited! Thank you :)

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) @Jen yes I always do this series on audio its always the same guy and hes pretty good!

@Diana Hope you like it. Its my fave of the series so far.

Diana (Offbeat Vagabond) Francesca ~*~ Eyelet Ecstasy ~*~ wrote: "@Jen yes I always do this series on audio its always the same guy and hes pretty good!

@Diana Hope you like it. Its my fave of the series so far."

I love audiobooks, I might look into to that. I always love it when a guy is reading LOL! Like I said, I love this series, book 2 wasn't as good as book 1, but I still enjoyed it. But if this is your favorite, I am even more excited to read this. You made my day hon :)

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) ;) I felt the same about book 2.

Diana (Offbeat Vagabond) Francesca ~*~ Eyelet Ecstasy ~*~ wrote: ";) I felt the same about book 2."

Then it is good that is getting back on track then LOL!

Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) 5 Stars. That's where I'm headed

Pansy I just finished and I was blown away. It was her best yet. I was so hooked that I could not stop until I finsihed. I loved it.

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) YAYYY I'm glad you did!! 5 Stars I see!! It was an amazing book and I can't wait for the next one!!!

Pansy Soooo Good. I think the next one will be crazy also. She has set it up for us and it seems wild.

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yes it does!!! There's so much happening. (view spoiler)

Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book I wanna see what Reilly saw when Veck got out of the shower!

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) OOhhhhhhhhhh Prob won't be addressed in next book