Laura's Reviews > Father of the Rain

Father of the Rain by Lily King

Jan 26, 11

bookshelves: fiction
Read in January, 2011

This book for the most part was alright but I also found myself waiting for something to 'happen'. There was events in the book but none of them stuck out to me as anything overly interesting. Characters were developed but also undeveloped at the same time, for the length of the book, I felt there could have been a little more developement.

It felt like the book was written through Daley as a journal/blog enteries and sometimes that kinda fell short when it came to giving the story its 'life'. The ending of the book was kinda sudden and it just jarred with me. It was like the story was flowing along and then you get knocked on the head with a brick called 'the end'.

When I started reading the book I quite liked it but thought things were a little slow, I'd read this book in spurts but nothing really compelled me to come back to read more. Honestly, I only finished this book because I bought it and was on a challenge to read 10 books for the Summer.

I think if there was a bit more character development and a bit more action (no hollywood action,lol) I may have rated this book 3 or 4 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Father of the Rain.

01/17/2011 page 101
26.0% "This book is a bit slow but I'm also reading it slowly so that mighten help..lol"
01/21/2011 page 180