Lauren's Reviews > The Farseekers

The Farseekers by Isobelle Carmody

Oct 05, 11

bookshelves: fantasy
Read from September 25 to October 05, 2011 — I own a copy

I'd really like to give this one 4.5 stars. I tend to be quite sceptical as I read books, assuming that the author is leading me into a long boring part of a story where no real action or surprising plot twists can be had. I love it when an author proves me wrong.
The action in this book is really rather good. Definitely engaging and absolutely capable of keeping me wanting to read more.
I must say, that by the end of the book I was getting a bit sick of all the obstacles. I tend to get impatient and just want all the characters I love to get home to the people they love. And despite my frustration, I think it was all necessary.
I was given a satisfying sense of completion of this league of the journey and can eagerly await reading the next book knowing that there are a few unanswered questions that I'm excited to delve into. A perfect second-in-a-series feeling.
All the old elements that I loved from Obernewton were still there, and I especially liked the addition of a few new lovable animal characters.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Farseekers.

09/25/2011 page 57