Jacinta's Reviews > If You're Reading This, It's Too Late

If You're Reading This, It's Too Late by Pseudonymous Bosch

Dec 10, 10

bookshelves: i-love-it
Read in November, 2010

If you’re Reading this it’s too late
Written By: Pseudonymous Bosch
If you’re Reading this it’s too late written by: Pseudonymous Bosch is about a girl named Cass (Cassandra), who is waiting to be picked up by a secret society called the Terces. Cass is a survivalist, and prepares for any emergencies. She has pointy ears which she covers with her braids. She lives with her mom only, and visits her grandparent’s often in their firehouse. Cass’s collaborator, Max Ernest is also going to part of the Terces too. His parents are divorced and literally live in a house that’s split in half. He has a “condition” his parents call it where he talks too much. Cass is his first friend he’s ever had because of his “condition”. One day they decide to miss school and find a secret note that tells them to go to dock #2. They go and they get tricked by their enemies, The Midnight Sun. The Midnight Sun and the terces society get into a fight for the secret mysterious creature, the homunculus. In the end Max Ernest and Cass do get to be part of the Terces (secret) society, but neither the Midnight Sun nor the Terces Society get the homunculus creature.

The writing style of Pseudonymous Bosch is action packed. At the end of a chapter he always does something, or tells you something that makes you want to keep on reading and not to stop at that same chapter, like you would usually do. He makes it so secret that you keep on wanting to read to know the secret.
My opinion about If you’re Reading This It’s too Late is it’s a great book. It is one of my favorite. I like how the author is very secret with the names of the characters, like for example he says he can’t tell you the characters names because it might be a danger for them. I also like how he says he won’t tell you something but always ends up telling you with a lot of details.
What I didn’t like is Pseudonymous Bosch is too private with his name, identity, and similar things. Like for example; I doubt his real name is Pseudonymous Bosch. It also delays the book, because so much privacy description. But even though that it is sort of bad, it brings a good thing: Making you wanting you read it and more interesting.

I recommend this book to anyone who likes mystery and action. If you have already read this book, I recommend reading the rest of the secret series (or Terces). A type of writing style he almost always uses in almost all of his books is like this: “I promise, your taste buds will tingle . . . Your palate will sing! Oh No, have I accidentally tempted you to read this book? I will warn you, however, the most delicious things are never good for you… and this story is particularly scrumptious!” I have been recommended to read this book by most of my friends, and even my friend’s friend.
If you read the series and liked it you might also like; the Harry Potter series, By: J.K. Rowling, the Percy Jackson series, By: Rick Riordan, The Benedict Society By: Trenton Lee Stewart and the Emily Windsnap series By: Liz Kessler.
-Jacinta Bujanda-Suarez
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If You're Reading This, It's Too Late.