Lisa 's Reviews > The Mermaid's Mirror

The Mermaid's Mirror by L.K. Madigan

F 50x66
Nov 24, 10

** spoiler alert ** I really enjoyed this book! As a sea lover I’m fascinated with all myths and legends related to it!
One thing that I really enjoyed in this book was that mermaids are seen in a different way than the clichés beautiful creatures that enchant the sailors with their angelical voices and other worldly appearance. No, in this book mermaids are much more than that. They are creatures who live in a structured world, where there are rules, and hierarchy, where they have traditions.
The characters are well developed and they are not flat, so they seemed believable to my eyes. But I think that other characters could be more developed, as Nyx for exemple.
The plot was interesting and I loved the sense of mystery and fantasy that was very present in it.
I liked the fact that this book showed instead of telling because it made it easier to me to enter Lena’s day-to-day life, which was very important, since that life that is shown to us in the first part of the book will dramatically change.
The end was the thing that I least enjoyed!
Overall it was good book, full of magic, mystery and fantasy.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mermaid's Mirror.