Ollie's Reviews > This Side of the Grave

This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Feb 28, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, favorites
Read from February 22 to 26, 2011

First off I want to say that I LOVED the fifth installment of the Night Huntress series, This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost not only for reuniting us with Cat & Bones but for the development of the characters and the trip down memory lane. This book contains so many elements that satisfied my needs that I found myself taking the time the read the book slowly so I could savor every moment, re-play scenes over and over again in my head and wanting to imprint them into memory. Several key components stood out for me in This Side of the Grave one being the growth and development of not only Cat as a person, but also her relationship with Bones. At certain points in the book we are taken back to the early days of Cat's life and her relationship with not only Bones but with some of the secondary characters which were implemented to demonstrate the grow in Cat and in the storyline. I found myself smiling many times during Cat's times of reflection and felt a even closer emotional connection to her when she showed this softer and more mature side of herself.

It was wonderful to finally see Bones again (missed him so much) and I fell deeper in love with him because of his deep love and commitment to Cat. There is nothing he wouldn't do for her (oh Bones if only you could be mine) and the level of their love is incomparable to any other fictional couples in the paranormal romance genre. Many times I laughed out loud at not only at the many quotes throughout the book, but during various scenarios one in particular involving Cat, Vlad and Mencheres. :)

Cat & Bones are more understanding of each other and more loving to each other. They have grown as a couple and I LOVE IT! Their relationship is so much stronger and that is what I want to see in the series. I want to read about Cat & Bones and their love growing not their constant bickering. While some have mentioned the lack of spark between Cat & Bones due to the lack of drama, tension, jealousy etc. which they feel makes it exciting, I completely disagree and do see the spark between Cat & Bones. The spark of everlasting love and deep passion for each other.

I do not feel that drama, tension and jealousy makes the relationship more exciting. Personally I know I wouldn't want to deal with that in real life and I sure don't want to constantly read about it with my favorite fictional characters. After awhile it gets on my nerves and frustrates me instead of entertaining me and making me enjoy my escape from reality into their world. After 3 years of Cat & Bones being reunited, they should be developing a deeper passion for each other which I felt was the main premise of This Side of the Grave.

There is nothing I can fault about this book as I saw this book focusing on Cat's growth and demonstrating to me that love endures, matures and deepens with time. I highly recommend this book to all the hopeless romantics out there such as myself. :)

5 Stars!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Side of the Grave.

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: Aren't you excited?!!

Ollie I'm so excited! Hearing the reviews are great 4 out of 5. They are not giving 5 out of 5 because less fighting, jealousy and stuff. Me, I'm a perv I love anything with Cat & Bones (especially Bones) that has adventure and lots of HOT SEX! The tension between was too heartbreaking for me. Bring on the sexy scenes and hot passion and I'm on cloud 9! :)

Melissa So jealous!!! I went to Borders to get it today and it wasn't "in stores" for some reason

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: I loved it...I started last night and almost done! I will be giving it 5 stars, but that's just me!

~* Tinne *~ oh, I'm so jealous of you all! I've spend the whole day surfing the internet looking for a website where I can buy this eBook ... damn, I wish I could flash myself to the US, buy it and come back home ... Please keep me up to date about how it is! So it'll feel like I'm reading it with you!

Ollie Tinne wrote: "oh, I'm so jealous of you all! I've spend the whole day surfing the internet looking for a website where I can buy this eBook ... damn, I wish I could flash myself to the US, buy it and come back h..."

Hi Tinne!

You mean you can't get it from Amazon? I thought you could get it from there at least?

I just check Amazon and it shows it does ship to Belgium so you should be able to get the ebook. If Amazon.com does work try these other country sites for Amazon:

Hope it helps! :)

~* Tinne *~ Thanks! I found it earlier today on Diesel eBooks. Just changed my address in something in the US and it worked!
I'm currently rushing through the book! LOVE IT! Already feel bad that it will be done soon ... :-)

Caroline Kimsey I got it on audio... nearly finished and loving it. I think C & B have grown and I like that edge.

message 10: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen loved your review..I loved this book also:)

message 11: by Caroline (last edited Mar 01, 2011 07:14AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Caroline Kimsey Ollie I agree, I loved seeing their realtionship mature to another level. There was still tension at them being seperated but they are secure about each other now and I am glad for that progression if their love is to be believable at the level it is. I also thought throwing in that their lives could be snatched away so instantaneously by Marie put another edge on them. As Vlad said meeting Cat and falling in love was the making of Bones as he showed hidden unforseen depths. Well putting Bones in jeopardy seems to do teh same for Cat.

Ollie Caroline wrote: "Ollie I agree, I loved seeing their realtionship mature to another level. There was still tension at them being seperated but they are secure about each other now and I am glad for that progressio..."

Hi Caroline!

Thank you so much for the comment! :) I agree about the part their lives being snatched away in an instant. It does put an edge on them and adds to the new level and growth to their relationship. They both needed each other to grow as individuals. :)