Kiki's Reviews > The Crescent

The Crescent by Jordan Deen

Dec 30, 2010

bookshelves: favorites
Read in December, 2010

What happens when love and fate collide? Both elements are brilliantly intertwined throughout this suspenseful plot. I felt Lacey's every conflicted emotion from beginning to end. Her struggles to find the truth about her family and her pack was one roller coaster ride. I didn't get her strange parents at times; I felt great sympathy for her because of her father's alcoholism and mother's pain med addiction, but even then, they appeared to genuinely care for her at the end.

I cried over this one! Such an incredible, passionate, intense love affair between Lacey and Alex, but what is even more beautiful is the connection between Lacey and Brandon. Her dreams of intimacy with Brandon, filled with deep yearning and longing for her soulmate, were so vivid and captivating. There seemed to be such peace in her heart when she found herself with Brandon in Haventon.

Most love triangles make it easy for the reader to choose the leading male protagonist, but that is so not the case in this love story. My heart ached for both Brandon and Alex till the very last page. Left me wanting more and so much more!

And frankly speaking, I'm at a standstill between who Lacey should choose. Her heart and mind are at opposite ends, both speaking their own truths. Granted, I've been Team Brandon throughout the whole book, but there were times when my heart wavered onto Team Alex's side. And the ending...made my heart waver even more, but I finally chose Brandon. I think! :)

I cannot wait for Half Moon. Jan. 13th, 2011 cannot get here fast enough!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Crescent.

12/29/2010 page 5
show 6 hidden updates…

message 1: by Jade (new) - added it

Jade Did you read it as an e-book? If so where did you get it? I want to read this one so badly!! :D

Kiki Hi sweetie, how are ya? I ordered both The Crescent and Half Moon on my Kindle. They are soooooooooooooo good that I'm going to order the actual books from Amazon. Promised my lil sis Momo that I'd get copies for her to read ASAP! :) I think Jordan Deen is offering signed copies of both books on her website as well.

message 3: by Jade (new) - added it

Jade Hey I'm fine :D And u? O okay.. Thanks! :D I will definitely be reading them soon!

message 4: by Momo (new) - added it