Jodi Mae's Reviews > The Vinyl Princess

The Vinyl Princess by Yvonne Prinz

The best teen book I've read in awhile. Well written, smart, funny, sharp, contemporary, takes place in my beloved Berkeley and thinly disguised Amoeba Record store. Funny, well done descriptions of infamous Telegraph Avenue, Berkeley and it's unique colorful inhabitants. Not snide, cynical or mean-assed tone like lots of current YA fiction; but genuine, honest, sweet and sassy in a warm fuzzy way. Some good modern romance with a realistic twist too. Nice, realistic, sweet and completely accepting portrayal of modern American family-life and all that may entail (Standard monogamous married-for-life nuclear family is not the accepted norm_thank goodness and good riddance!) A truly modern, independent, funny, quirky, articulate, intelligent 16 year old female protagonist. And good music. Lots of it. Will have you running to your local indie record store and digging through the bins for all the songs listed in the book. I truly did not want this book to end, I got so thoroughly engrossed and enthralled with the characters, story and setting. Lots of good laughs, a fun book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vinyl Princess.