Emma's Reviews > Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food

Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld

F_50x66
Jan 22, 08

Read in January, 2008

I prefer "sneaky chef" and use those recipes more often so far, but you can certainly get some great ideas here as well.
As a mommy to a 4 year old boy with autism and resulting food sensory (not to mention behavioral and extreme "fear of the unknown") issues, both books are real life-savers. I feel much better about the food I give to my kids when I sneak these veggies in and the recipes I have tried so far really are quite good. To pass the taste test in my household is a big deal!
While I acknowledge that the small amount of veggies in a single recipe may not make a huge difference, added up over the course of a day (I sneak something into almost everything I feed them these days---), I certainly feel better about myself as a parent.

To those of you who are lucky enough to have children who eat what you put in front of them, count your blessings you don't need to use this book. I would strongly prefer to put the veggies on the table in their natural state, but this has really restored some of my confidence as mother-nurturer-giver of life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deceptively Delicious.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather S. (new)

Heather S. Jones heyemma
thanks for the review. my sister gifted me this book but i have only just read a bit of it. i fully approve and look forward to trying these ideas. _the sneaky chef_ is new to me, i will have to look into that too. :)

cheers!