Candy's Reviews > Lock and Key

bookshelves: young-adult, drama, favorites
Recommended to Candy by: The children's librarian at my library
Recommended for: Anyone
Read in August, 2010

This is a wonderful book and the first that I read by Sarah Dessen. I am an adult and not ashamed to admit that I love YA fiction. There is just something cleaner, more pure, and true about so much of it. Sarah writes in a way that makes you feel like you're hearing from your best friend, having a heart to heart. I have yet to read something by her that doesn't bring out the fullest spectrum of emotion. One minute I'm smiling, the next sobbing, then laughing out loud.

About three chapters in I was riveted to this story. I have a deep connection to my youngest sister and so the relationship between Ruby and Cora touched a part of me that I didn't even realize was so strong. I couldn't wait to call my baby sister and tell her how much I loved her and how much she means to me. And it was the WAY Ms. Dessen wrote this book that brought out such deep emotion. Since reading this book a couple of months ago I have read 3 more by Sarah and I will definitely read anything she writes. When I want to laugh, cry, or FEEL, she's an author I know I can turn to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lock and Key.