Gricel's Reviews > No Greater Sacrifice

No Greater Sacrifice by John C. Stipa

Dec 05, 10

Read from November 23 to December 05, 2010

When Renee d' Arcadia, archaeologist learns that she is terminally ill, she decides it's time to take any chances she can get. Grasping at straws, she starts a quest to learn the secrets of the legendary Eleusinian Mysteries, a purification rite that might just provide her with the lifeline she needs. Never did she think that a trip to Greece would place her at the center of a dangerous plot, or bring her closer to sexy David Arturo.

Part adventure, part rollicking romance, and part ancient history lesson, Stipa's novel is a sort of Da Vinci Code meets Indiana Jones with a dash of mysticism.

I don't read much in the adventure/thriller genre, but when I do, I like to be absorbed by the story. This was a quick-paced and engaging read. I especially appreciated that Renee was not the sort of damsel-in-distress female sidekick that is so often introduced in such novels, but a strong, determined woman capable to getting herself in and out of scrapes.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Greater Sacrifice.