DarienMoya's Reviews > Wanting

Wanting by M.L. Rhodes

May 30, 12

bookshelves: 2012-reads, butt-virgins, gay-for-you, my-m-m-lovin, m-m-short-stories, interracial-love
Read on March 07, 2012

This is a sweet love story, wrapped in sexy and then packaged in hellaciously hot. This one had me feeling rainbows and sunshine, and provided enough stormy clouds for me to truly appreciate the rainbow and sunshine.

After a drunken night, Jeremy hooks up with his best friend Ben, and he doesn’t know how to move on from it. He can’t get over the way Ben made him feel, but he’s not gay right? The thoughts of their night of passion have him going a bit crazy, and he’s finding it hard to focus. However with all his struggling feelings, he wants his best friend back, but he doesn’t know how to move forward from the night that they had sex.

Jeremy also has struggles with his family, and being from strong southern roots, he fears the retaliation of his family if he gets involved with a man and not just any man a black man. So the fears are strong, but he’s realizing that the feelings he has for Ben are stronger.

Ben is… I am in love with this blue-eyed choco-caramel. He’s always been in love with Jeremy, but he could accept that his best friend wasn’t into guys; until the night, they hook up. Now he fears he might have influenced Jeremy somehow and carries that guilt. Yet, he is willing to take scraps if that’s all Jeremy can offer him.

This was just such a sweet story, with two beautiful characters. I can see Ben so clearly in my mind, those blue eyes just hypnotic as shit. I once had a blue eyed black friend in junior high, and I was willing to rip my clothes off for him ^_~. So Jeremy never stood a chance when it came to Ben.

This novella made my heart feel super happy, and I obsessed with Ben. I realized that this is not first character by M.L that had me losing my pants, I am also quite taken with Dane from Bring The Heat. She writes these vividly hot characters, that you cannot help falling in love with. Wanting, had me wanting more. I really enjoyed reading this one.

SideNote- I love their roommate Al. He is funny and sweet and I just can’t wait to read his book.

More of my reviews and ramblings at PANTS OFF REVIEWS
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wanting.