Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Mine Till Midnight

Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas

Apr 29, 11

bookshelves: genre-historical-romance, first-book-in-series, books-i-own, the-hymen-club, author-lisa-kleypas, my-hottie-harem, books-i-go-rabid-over, king-of-the-harem, drinks-on-me, favorites, series-highlander, series-hathaways, under-the-covers-with-marron
Recommended to Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Leah
Recommended for: Everyone, especially historical romance fans
Read from December 28 to 30, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I can’t tell if Lisa Kleypas is A, a genius or B, has a time traveling machine in her office or something because her books act like some sort of portal that takes you back to London in 1848! I’m thinking it’s the former because Kleypas knows her stuff when it comes to writing historical romances. With that being said, I absolutely ADORED Mine Till Midnight! Thank you Leah, my lover for sending me your copy of this book! Know that your book is well-loved and cherished in my hands! I will be picking this one up again and again to read about my baby, Cam.

There are not enough words to describe how much I adore Cam Rohan! Born as half Irish and half Gypsy, Cam was separated from his tribe at a young age and lived his life within walls and ceilings instead of the great outdoors like other Roms. Becoming well-accustomed to the Gadjo culture, Cam grew successful in his life, but he still found something lacking...

Until he meets Amelia Hathaway, the eldest sister of the eccentric family. Amelia has quite a lot on her hands as she tries to protect and care for her siblings. With her older brother, Leo grieving the death of his fiancé through deadly doses of drugs and alcohol, her sister Win still weak and recovering from fever, and her two younger sisters, Poppy and Beatrix still too young to care for themselves, Amelia strives to keep herself afloat through the storm.
But soon Amelia finds her safe harbour within Cam’s arms as she allows someone else to care for her and her family for once. And Cam seems very pleased to be the one to do it.

I adore Amelia. I thought she was the strength and glue behind the entire family, the one who held the pieces together. Her efforts to find Leo and keep him safe from himself were so mother-like and caring that I found myself respecting her more and more.

Leo is completely distraught and broken in this book and I couldn’t help but share his pain. Never mind his attitude and rude comments, I felt complete understanding as he frantically tried to place the slide back into the fire lantern the moment when he thought he saw Laura’s face. The poor guy. The pain he must feel...

Merripen feels this pain too but this time with another Hathaway sister. His heart and body burns for Win just as bad as the deadly burn he acquired during the Ramsay House fire. I can already say how much I love Kev! He’s my favourite historical romance hero to date! There’s just something about these Romany men I can’t help but love!

And lastly, I am so glad that that schmuck Frost didn’t get the treasure at the end. It’s a good thing Cam got there before him. The nerve of that guy to say such insults about Cam and Amelia...

I’ve come to adore this series and all the characters in it. Kleypas MUST have a time machine! Her work is sheer genius!

Favourite Quote:
Rohan's fingertips drifted with stunning delicacy over her throat, behind her ear, pushing into the satiny warmth of her hair. "You are an interesting woman Amelia."
Gooseflesh rose wherever his breath touched. "I can't f-fathom why you would think so."
His playful mouth traced the wing of her brow. "I find you thoroughly, deeply interesting. I want to open you like a book and read every page." A smile curved the corners of his lips as he added huskily, "Footnotes included.”
17 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mine Till Midnight.

12/29/2010 page 72
20.0% "I feel like I'm about to get a cold. So today I'm spending time with Cam in my bed. My Rom alway cheers me up!" 18 comments
12/29/2010 page 144
40.0% "Leah *Silk Desire*, I love you for sending me this book!" 8 comments
show 1 hidden update…

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) OMG! I LOVE CAM! I'm feeling sort of sick right now and this book is the remedy! Time to cuddle with Came! :P

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) Oh, I hope you feel better. Cam will keep you all nice and toasty warm!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Ohh yess, D. I'm feeling much better already. Thank you. Cam was good to me :P LOL.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) He might be in the running against Kev for my fave Rom!

Leah CAMMMMMMMM! He's my favorite Rom tooooo! :D

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) I like Cam more because he's so laid back, but he's very insightful and a great problem-solver. :)

Leah I agree, Lady D. Plus he's so funny! And I think he just gets better and better with every book in the series.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Oh Cam, I adore this guy! Both Cam and Kev! I want them both...I've alredy got Marrid by Morning so I'm dying to read it!!!

message 12: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Lovely review, lover! Just be good to Cam and take care of him and I will sleep well at night knowing he is in good hands! LOL. I just hate that I sent you my used and abused copy. I love that quote at the end. Cam is so freaking adorable!

Oh! Just wait until you read about Leo and Cat together! LOL! They are great.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Oh wow! That was fast, girl! Your used and abused copy is WELL-LOVEDD!! I know, cute right? I adore him!

I have that book alredy so I'm ALL SET!

message 14: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH Loved this book. Loved the quotes you used at the end of your review! Great review!

Yes - she must have a time machine in her home - I agree with you on that one.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Thank you AH! I'm officially obsessed with Lisa's writing and am totally envious of her! Time machine or not, she's a genuis!

Thannks Danielle! I must read all the Wallflower books now! Cant believe I havnt picked those up yet!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Awesome!!! Glad you loved it!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Oh it was great! I adored it, Dhes!

message 19: by Rhonda (last edited Dec 30, 2010 08:44PM) (new)

Rhonda I can't wait to finally get to this!!! I have so many books, sometimes I get distracted! LOL!!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Rhonda! I LOVE this book! When you read it, let me know! I wanna hear your thoughts!

message 21: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Oh, Cam!!!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) CAM AND KEV ARE AWESOME! I'm having withdrawals already after reading this. Have you read the Wallflowers series already???

message 23: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Yes i have, loved them!!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Damn! I need to read them!

message 25: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Now how did you manage that?? I met Cam in Devil in Winter, mmmmm, made me want to know him better!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Well, I found the Hathaways series at the library and thought I'd give it a shot. But the librarian gave her the third book instead of the first! So I read that one and was like, "something is off here." NEVER TRUST THE LIBRARIAN!

I knooww! I'm going to buy the series with the gift cards I got for Christmas! Works out for me :D

message 27: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda You'll love them!

message 29: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Damn that librarian! *shakes fist angrily* LOL

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LMAO! I know, I've never seen her again since I've bee back! She's hiding from me.

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Great review Annie : ) I am glad you liked it

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Thanks Suzanne! I LOVED IT. Obsessed now, can you tell?

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Obsessed no way! Just VERY interested LOL! I loved the quote aswell

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LOL The quote made me smile! Aww, Cam!

I have the fourth book with me already. So ready to read it!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Is that what you are reading at the moment?

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yes, and it's soo great! Suzilicious! I am officially obsessed!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Lol, good good, once you have read her it is hard NOT to be obsessed!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) DONE IT! Holy crap, I need Love in the Afternoon NOW NOW NOW!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Lol, I have to say Love in the Afternoon isn't as good : ( But hey still Hathaway goodness

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yeah? Damn, that's okay. I'll still read it! Planning on grabbing a copy the next time I make a trip to the bookstore!

I've already finished Married by Morning and it was a really good book to start off the New Year!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Yeah still read it, it isn't awful but not as good as the others, I ended up giving it 4 stars I think. Yes grab it as soon as you can!

Which has been your fave book so far?

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I'm going to start the Wallflowers series tonight I think!

I think Seduce Me At Sunrise is probably my fave. Love Kev!! and then Mine Till Midnight.

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) YES!!! Get the Wallflowers, they kick ass! You will get to read about Simon Hunt *swoon* I LOVE him!

Those are my faves as well Annie, it is those Rom men we just can't resist them!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I'm reading about him right now Suzannnnnnnnnnnnnne!!!

ROMANY MEN = LOVE.

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Isn't he just gorgeous! But he is my man from this series! You will need to get another one! I think the only one free is St Vincent from the 3rd book. Leah has Westcliff and Gokce has Matthew!

LOL that is the best formula I have ever seem!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) WHAT?! ALREADY!? Fine, let me read him first.

Simon is so hottt! Wont you share ?:P

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) I know, you should have got in there sooner LMAO! I tell you what you can have Mr Bowman (Lillian and Daisy's dad) that seem okay? LMAO!

I would love to, really I would, but.....NO! LOL!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) NOO I want someone sexy likee....I dont know. I'm halfway through Lillian's book and St. Vincent sounds appealing!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Hmmm, how about Lord Hodgeham LMAO! I think I may have suggested this before! hehe

Yes, have St Vincent, I like him but for some reason he just doesn't make me tingle! Although he has some great dialogue, I think you will love Devil in Winter!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Hodgeham is a douche! I hated himm!! LOL

I'm intrigued by him. The rakes always have charm. We'll seeeeeeeee!

« previous 1