♫♥✿LovLivLife Reviews✿♥♫ (Chasity)'s Reviews > Half-Blood

Nov 06, 11

bookshelves: 2011-sept, debut, 2011-debut-author-challenge, arc-review, to-read
Read from August 29 to September 01, 2011

IMG_2965

Wow. Everything about Half-Blood tickled and entertained the reader in me. I dreaded turning the last page and found myself not wanting the story to end.... somehow hoping more pages would magically appear. Hey, I deserve to have a delusional moment or two from time to time.

Storyline, foundation, characters, the whole nine yards held up to my expectations. Reading the synopsis some months ago I was riveted and knew I was going to read Half-Blood. Luckily, I was given an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review. Well, I'm in love with Aiden St. Delphi and I have a feeling Seth is going to be a close runner up.... How is that for honesty? Yes, I can be a bit fickle when it comes to my book crushes but I know I'm not the only one.

Alex, short for Alexandria "Defender of Man," is a character I immensely love. She's so much fun to read. Aiden is the guy I know will win hearts in a millisecond. He has a background that has me grasping for more and a calm-quiet exterior that made me want to see what will get him going. Seth is quite the character as well. He's more then meets the eye and the promise of more to come has me squirming in my computer chair. Caleb is the world bestest friend and quite the man himself. Not a love interest mind you but Alex has enough on her plate. Alex and Caleb and their bff relationship is sweet to the core and they mesh so well together. I enjoy the female-male attitudes playing off one another. It helps to deepen the plot.

The only thing that strikes me and I must say this because I know it'll be on the minds of every avid reader. Half-Blood is reminiscent of the Vampire Academy series. In fact, after I read the synopsis months ago I immediately thought of Rose. However, as I read on I came to the conclusion that Half-Blood holds its own in every shape and form. The characters are alive and well in my mind and they can be no one else and no one else can be them.

All in all, Where is book two, Pure? I want to read it now, lol. *^_^* Very entertaining to the very core of me.

Review can also be found on my blog: http://www.lovlivlifereviews.com/2011...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Half-Blood.

Quotes ♫♥✿LovLivLife Reviews✿♥♫ (Chasity) Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I was gonna be super pissed in the afterlife if I died a virgin in this crap hole.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Then I should be relieved to know what I was told an hour ago is false. It wasn't you who yanked a girl--by her hair--out of chair in the common lounge area.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You better have had a baby, killed someone, or slept with a pure. Those are your three options. Anything less is unsuitable.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“So? What are you going to do about it? Throw your mashed potatoes at me? I'm consumed by terror.”
tags: seth

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Isabel (new)

Isabel I've heard this book is really good

♫♥✿LovLivLife Reviews✿♥♫ (Chasity) Hey Isabel. I just finished it and I LOVED it. Half-Blood is reminiscent of a book I also LOVE but HB holds its own!

message 3: by Isabel (new)

Isabel Yay!! Today I found out that is gonna be published in Spanish!!! I've heard only good things aboout this book, so I'll probably buy it : )

♫♥✿LovLivLife Reviews✿♥♫ (Chasity) That's crazy awesome to hear. You will definitely love this one. You'll have to inform me of your thoughts later on!

message 5: by Isabel (new)

Isabel hahahaha, consider it done! : D