Joy's Reviews > The Laughter of Dead Kings

The Laughter of Dead Kings by Elizabeth Peters

2711937
Nov 26, 10

bookshelves: contemporary-fiction, public-reads, mystery-suspense, action-adventure
Read from November 23 to 25, 2010 — I own a copy

This was the second book I've read from this author after a long time. First one was an Amelia Peabody mystery, and this one is the last of the Vicky Bliss novels. It was marginally OK, got me through traffic and I enjoyed the humor.

It was an average novel for me, I'm glad I bought it for a bargain price. The writing style was just ok, it's obvious Vicky and John have been together through thick and thin with the past adventures mentioned. I was amused by Schmidt's character especially the sword fight.

The mystery was a little difficult to follow but putting the pieces together fit. It didn't inspire me to read the previous ones, but I appreciated the adventure and how easy it is to travel from one place to another, all you need is a powerful passport and of course lots of money, which Schmidt provided in a steady supply.

There wasn't anything historical, only that a historical figure was stolen. I was expecting more of fact and fiction in seamless combination but that wasn't the case.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Laughter of Dead Kings.

11/23/2010 page 99