Joy's Reviews > Witch Heart

Witch Heart by Anya Bast

2711937
Nov 26, 10

bookshelves: ebooks, fantasy-magic, paranormal-romance, action-adventure, contemporary-fiction, witches
Read from November 23 to 25, 2010

This is by far the best I've read in this series. We've seen Claire in the last few chapters in Witch Blood (Thomas and Isabelle's story). For those who haven't read it yet, she's the one who aided Thomas in going back to Earth from Eudae (demon world).

I liked the story of Claire and Adam. I was skeptical at first because I've been conditioned to expect only those witches with elements that attract each other are compatible in the long term. The author focused on Claire first, a little history of her childhood and her status as Rue's handmaiden.

Her character build-up was good since I'm already familiar with Adam. He's another story and they make a great couple put together. Their backgrounds just mesh and there's more depth to their characters.

Lust, of course, is a part of the attraction and it really took time for them to get to know each other better before taking the plunge. Their love scenes were fewer compared with the previous books but that's what I appreciated about this book. There's the right amount of balance, a riveting story, well-imagined plot, and the character development.

The story reminded me of Harry Potter (7th book) because they were always on the run, the author really put me on edge, because they could die anytime, and the thrill factor was no matter how offensive they get, they could only do so much as stall the Atrika, not totally incapacitate or kill them.

I'm becoming more and more fascinated with the magick here and how the power was described. I'm also fond of Micah. Anya Bast really did a good job on this one.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witch Heart.

11/23/2010 page 50