Khalia Hades's Reviews > Night Star

Jan 10, 14

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read from November 25 to 26, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

***SPOILER ALERT!***

First of all, this is the most slow paced book ever. No excitement, no nada. Okay so, Ever discovers that she was a slave in one of her past lives, who lost who family in a fire, and who was her hero? Damen. He rescued her by buying her, by later going back to try and buy her family. Little did he know that Roman snuck in the night a light the place in flames. Jude, who was also part of the salved family, decides to give it a go and try to win her back. Which, like always, he ends up butting in.

Damon, the sweetest guy I've ever read about, ends up protecting Stacia. Ever's enemy, thanks to God that she understands why he needs to protect her; she reminds her of herself with the hoodies, and the iPod. While Heaven tries her best to separate Damon from Elena, she blames her for the death of Roman.

Jude, a lost cost. I don't even know why he is STILL in the picture. Why would you butt in a relationship if you know it will never work? If you had a chance to see the past, and know parts of the future, wouldn't you want to change it? Yes. But when it's obvious that you are not meant to be with that person, then why keep butting in? You are only going to hurt yourself over and over again.

Finally, when Ever is going through the death experience all over again and ends up in Shadowland, she sees who she is really meant to be, and that her feelings for Damen were never mistaken. He is the man she loves and desires the most. End of Story.

I just hope the last book (Everlasting) is better than Shadowland, Dark Flame, and obviously Night Star.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Star.

01/10 marked as: currently-reading
01/10 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Alyssa Thomas Who's Elena?

Khalia Hades I got confused with the stupid names. Damon/Damen Ever/Elena they start with the same letter lol

message 3: by Tina (new) - rated it 1 star

Tina After reading your review I am confused why you gave the book 5 stars...

Khalia Hades Sorry about that. I was in a hurry when I was writing the review and I'm used to giving books I've read 5 stars before finishing them.

Sherilyn I agree- slowest paced book in the series. It took me a lot longer to read than the first four because there was no action!
Not even sure I want to read the last book. Is it good?

Khalia Hades Sherilyn wrote: "I agree- slowest paced book in the series. It took me a lot longer to read than the first four because there was no action!
Not even sure I want to read the last book. Is it good?"

It is slow paced. The ending is just...idk...wrong.

Ayah just wanna say you said 'While Heaven tries to separate Damon from Elena." lol Elena

Khalia Hades Ayah wrote: "just wanna say you said 'While Heaven tries to separate Damon from Elena." lol Elena"

Lol I know! By the time, I was reading Night Star AND The Vampire Diaries Book Two In The Return. Major mix. lol Sorry.

message 9: by Hudson (new)

Hudson Lol! Damon and Elena!

Khalia Hades Hudson wrote: "Lol! Damon and Elena!"

lol

message 11: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Herrera-lopez Also it isn't Heaven...her name is Haven...lol

Khalia Hades Courtney wrote: "Also it isn't Heaven...her name is Haven...lol"

*Slams face on keyboard*