Amy Palmer's Reviews > Rising Storm

Rising Storm by Erin Hunter

May 18, 11

bookshelves: pets-animals, fantasy, warriors, to-buy
Recommended to Amy by: Angie
Recommended for: Cat lovers, fantasy readers, children
Read from May 05 to 13, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

"Rising Storm" is the fourth book in the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. The Warriors books are about a clan of cats who live in the forest. In this installment, Fireheart is now the deputy of ThunderClan and is still dealing with issues from some of his clanmates resulting from the fact that he was once a kittypet-not clanborn.

ThunderClan still faces danger from its former deputy, Tigerclaw. On top of that, Bluestar, the clan leader is not herself after Tigerclaw's betrayal, leving Fireheart to make some very important decisions regarding the clan.

I felt that this book in the series was rather dark and depressing. There was so much turmoil and tragedy that it was hard to enjoy the happier moments that occurred. There is a huge twist at the end though, that keeps me wanting to continue the series.

Even though "Rising Storm" was full-and I mean FULL-of sadness, I still enjoyed it. The good thing about reading a series is that even if one book is a downer, you can look forward to an upswing in the coming books. I still highly recommend this series, but you MUST start from the beginning with "Into the Wild."
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rising Storm.

05/05/2011 page 37
05/10/2011 page 138
41.0% "I sure miss Greystripe, but it looks like Fireheart is about to have a girlfriend!"
05/11/2011 page 184