Jennifer's Reviews > Only Yesterday: An Informal History of the 1920's

F_50x66
Dec 02, 10

Read from November 22 to 29, 2010

Loved this book.

Everytime I picked it up, I actually really really wanted to read it, which is not the case with most of the non fiction books I read.

Plus the author was really great at anticipating the questions that I had and answered them right as I started to wonder.

The last couple of pages on the Stock Market were a bit confusing, but that might have been because I have very little background knowledge of economics.

My only problem with the book was that Mr. Allen broke it up by subject and not by year which made it a bit awkward to picture, but I don't suppose it would have been much better by year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only Yesterday.

11/22/2010 page 150
43.0% "Pretty readable so far. I like how casually it's wrtten. I love the prologue and how it talks about the average everyday life of a people because that's what is missing from a lot of books. I still don't quite understand the whole oil scandal thing. I am slightly wary of the...not accuracy, but perspective of the book. This book was published in the 1930's, when the 1920's were really "only yesterday.""