Wicked ♥ (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess's Reviews > Hunting Ground

Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs

2082350
Nov 22, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: ebooks-i-own, 2011, mythology-inspired, paranormal-romance, summer-reads, supernatural, urban-fantasy, weres, fey
Read from August 24 to September 01, 2011

Reviewed for Wickedly Bookish

Anna and Charles attend a werewolf conference in Seattle where the world's alphas are gathering to decide whether to come out to the public or not. Politics and danger await them as someone has it out for Anna.

I didn't like this one as much as the first. Don't get me wrong, I love this series, this couple, and this world. I liked Hunting Ground it just lacked that wonderful welling up of emotion I got from the first book and the short story that precedes it. Anna and Charles are a wonderful match and Anna is proving to be such a strong willed and utterly courageous mate. This newest installment in the series was an interesting lesson in werewolf politics and pack magic, and the inclusion of Arthurian legend really brought it all together near the end. I just would have liked to see something more concrete on Anna and Charles' relationship. It almost feels like we are back at the short story. When is Anna going to finally trust Charles and open up to him? It's just a bit frustrating to me.

That being said, I am looking forward to the release of the next book Fair Game which is set to release February 2nd, 2012. Now isn't that just a nice long wait?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunting Ground.

✿Emma-Louise Violet Really great book :) hope you’re enjoying it, I’m waiting patiently for Alpha and Omega Book 3 Fair Game (okay enduring the wait lol)

Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess It's pretty good so far! Ah yes, the ever agonizing wait for the next book! Don't you just hate that? :-)