Bre's Reviews > The Gun Seller

The Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie

Nov 22, 10

It was a dust collector on my bookshelf for months. Finally, I was too guilt filled looking at my uninished bookstore splurge, of which I abandoned at roughly chapter 2. Sadly bookless, I picked this up two days ago and realized I'd missed a good read. I am guilty of the "flip througher" and "ending wrekcer" one of those people that like to teleport into the future and don't take it one page at a time. I couldn't get into this book at first. Then, I realized, I hadn't actually tried. It was a good read, a spy novel with a funny, likeable protagonist.
AND...It was written by Hugh, which makes it even better somehow. What can't Hugh do? That's what I want to know.(Is not at all a fan girl...)OK, yes, you've got me, I...Hugh is very, very talented. You know him from House but the comedy here is more like Fry and Laurie. I didn't get that either at first, but it starts to slowly seep into you after awhile and what starts as a dry ha turns into a HAHAHA that was actually fun. And before you know it, you're laughing too loudly in the library. Sometimes, I admit, I was a bit confused. Spy novels have never been my genre, resulting in much confusion, head scratching, and whatshisfacing. (See Borne books) The special thing about this one was the likability of the main character and the feeling that he would eventually explain EVERYTHING to you and all the details would lace together.
Give the book a chance, is all I can say. Thanks Hugh Laurie!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gun Seller.