Nickie's Reviews > Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven by Chris Fabry

Nov 22, 10

bookshelves: reviewed

I’m a lover of fiction books, most fiction books. This book, Almost Heaven, took fiction to a whole new level for me. Mixed with a bit of truth, this story grabbed me from the very beginning and had wanting to know what happened next. At first, I was a little confused as to who was doing the ‘talking’ because it jumped from the main character’s perspective to the angel Malachi’s perspective, but my confusion was quickly cleared up.

I soon found myself immersed in Billy’s life, and began thinking of him as a real live person rather than a character on paper. The events that shaped his life are so life-like I could see it unfolding vividly before me. At times I found I was angry at what seemed to be his stubbornness and at other times I praised his humility and heroics. Though his life, at times, was tragic, there was always a light at the end of the tunnel.

One of the things I liked most about this book was that parts of it were written in the perspective of the angel who was assigned to watch over Billy. It was a fresh new take on guardian angels and the battle of good and evil with the main elements of Truth included. There are lessons that can be taken from this fictional story and applied to everyday life for all of us!

I enjoyed this book so much, I literally couldn’t put it down and read it cover to cover in less than two days. (A major feat for this mother of four!) It is a must read for book lovers of any age– I wouldn’t hesitate to let my twelve year old read it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Almost Heaven.