Leigh's Reviews > Envy

Envy by J.R. Ward

Sep 20, 11

Read from September 14 to 19, 2011

4.5 stars! I really enjoyed this installment in the Fallen Angels series! I absolutely LOVED Veck and Reilly. They were attracted to each other from the get-go and didn't fight that attraction...they just went with it. Of course, there's always a hurdle to get over, and they had a big one (or rather, Reilly, did), but it all worked out in the end, and they were just the sweetest frickin' couple. Loved the epilogue.

Jim, of course, was once again awesome in this book. He is doing his work in stride, but at the same time, keeping a very close eye on someone who is very important to him. It's been divulged that this person will be his eventual HEA, and I am wondering if her soul will be the final one that he'll have to save (view spoiler)

As always, Devina is a true, awful bad guy that I just love to hate. Ward has really excelled in writing the bad guy for this series.

Ad and Eddie had a tough gig in this one, and while what happened with Eddie is awful, the eternal optimist that I am believes that all will be righted in the end. And I wonder, too, if these two angels may be each other's HEA as well. Hmmmmm.....

And speaking of some more bromance-m/m loving, I really liked the subplot involving Nigel and Colin. Very, very sweet.

There was a lot of slang in this book, and while I don't mind it too much because it often makes me laugh, I think the thing that annoyed me the most is Ward's continued allergy to the question mark. I can see how a period would be used in its place sometimes, but she does it so frequently, I just wonder if it is more of a reflection on bad editing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Envy.

09/15/2011 "42% - aww...helloooooooo Brothers!! :)"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Leigh i'm loving it! i am really liking the interactions w/ Veck and Reilly. he is uber-hawt, and while she is trying to be quite the serious, all-business chickie, she's cracking me up! loved her shopping trip! LOL!

and of course, Jim is yummy and as awesome as ever. **sigh**

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Lol yes, her shopping trip was so funny, I loved that it showed a more feminine side to her. And Veck *drool*

Love Jim, but I also feel really bad for him! I just want him and his Sissy to HEA!

✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ ugh...what did i miss w/the question marks...LOL. seems like i would notice that!

Leigh OMG...it drove me batshit, Sharon! there were SOOOOO many places where it was obviously a question, but it all ended w/ periods. she does it quite a bit, in both series, but this one had to have been the worst.

✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ LOL...i think i was thrown off by all the slang...ill have to go back and ck!

Leigh LOL! yeah, there was a lot of street-speak/slang in this one. i don't mind it so much, but i like it when it stays true to certain characters. i think it becomes too much when almost ALL of her characters talk/speak/think that way. it's not realistic. i still have a hard time accepting that Manny, chief surgeon extraordinaire, talks like that, too.

Spoiler Whore but you can call me Amanda Ad and Ed being each others HEA?....hmmm...I would love to see that especially after that bathroom scene with that one girl. Good Lord! I'm picturing it...that is when Ad grabbed Ed. LOL!

Leigh Amanda wrote: "Ad and Ed being each others HEA?....hmmm...I would love to see that especially after that bathroom scene with that one girl. Good Lord! I'm picturing it...that is when Ad grabbed Ed. LOL!"

LOL!! yep!! that was the only hot part of that scene. overall, it was a very sad and depressing scene, but i still got tingly when Ad and Eddie were in contact w/ each other. mmmmmmmm..... **shudders** i think it would be awesome for them to be each other's HEA, but w/ her already having the Nigel/Colin sitch, i wonder if she'd do two m/m relationships in the series.

Spoiler Whore but you can call me Amanda Leigh wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Ad and Ed being each others HEA?....hmmm...I would love to see that especially after that bathroom scene with that one girl. Good Lord! I'm picturing it...that is when Ad grabbed Ed...."

I say the more m/m the better!!!

Leigh me, too, Amanda...me, too!!!! ;)

Amber Leigh I love your spoiler, I've been thinking the exact thing!

Leigh Amber wrote: "Leigh I love your spoiler, I've been thinking the exact thing!"

thanks, Amber!! it will be interesting to see how it all plays out, that's for sure. :)

Amber Agree! I can't wait for the new BDB book!

Leigh Amber wrote: "Agree! I can't wait for the new BDB book!"

ME TOO!!! :D