Teena R.'s Reviews > The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie

2037756
Jan 09, 11

bookshelves: mystery, historical
Read from November 22, 2010 to January 09, 2011

I like Flavia and the way she is a cross between a mad scientist and a classical sleuth. Her voice is much too worldly for an eleven years old girl but I'm much more lenient to the acting-older-than-their-age characters than the acting-too-childish-for-their-age characters anyway.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by apple (new)

apple 11 years old and a scientist?! I can't even recite the multiplication table.

Teena R. haha, me neither!

message 3: by Jokoloyo (new) - added it

Jokoloyo I just aware about this author/series a few days ago. My friend bought the 5th book, and she told me about the mystery series with 11-years old child alchemist protagonist. It seems at least I should try to read the 1st book. :)

Teena R. Jokoloyo wrote: "I just aware about this author/series a few days ago. My friend bought the 5th book, and she told me about the mystery series with 11-years old child alchemist protagonist. It seems at least I shou..."

You should try it. A friend of my really love it but I just could not get into Flavia.