Veronica's Reviews > Unmarketable: Brandalism, Copyfighting, Mocketing, and the Erosion of Integrity

Unmarketable by Anne Elizabeth Moore

Jun 02, 08

bookshelves: reviewed
Recommended to Veronica by: The author
Recommended for: everyone
Read in May, 2008

My review is up at my blog.

A snippet thou:

If you eschew Target to make your own clothes, buy from your local grocery & prefer Bust to Cosmo, would you take $2,000 from Ford to help spread the word about their new electric car? That's the main premise to Unmarketable: Brandalism, Copyfighting, Mocketing and the Erosion of Integrity by Anne Elizabeth Moore, but this is not just a book for the DIY/punk crowds. By giving us case studies on how easily some fairly indy people sell out, including the author, it forces those of us, like me, who don't claim an indy or DIY label to consider "How much is my work worth?", "When was the last time I sold out?" and "Do I even care?"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unmarketable.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dani (new)

Dani Okay -

Now I know that you work full time in a high-level job and have an active activist life and a fully engaged mommy job for an almost 5 year old. When do you find the time to read so much??????

Love ya -

D

Veronica It took me almost 6 months to read this book. OK, so I read like 6 others too, but I read in car on the way home. The benefits of carpooling.

message 3: by Dani (new)

Dani Ahhh!!!! the secret is revealed!

I feel better now :-)