Annalisa's Reviews > The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

542037
Jan 22, 08

bookshelves: young-adult, mystery-thriller, guy-lit, voice, contemporary
Read in January, 2008

I love stories written from the perspective of a strong, believable characters that are unusual. This is the story of a 15-year-old autistic boy who sets out to discover who killed his neighbor's dog. A lot of the book is his autistic ramblings explaining his perceptions and personalities. Prime number chapters, the description of the seat cushion patterns, and the math philosophy that teased my own obsessive compulsive nature. Most literature is written by heavily right-brained authors where this has a lot of heavy math philosophy which I thoroughly enjoyed. Math is too often lacking in literatue. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around whether the odds on 2 doors when a third has been eliminated is 1/2 or 2/3. And I'm wondering how strange my own idiosyncratic tendencies and obsessions are. It is a well-written story with an I think accurate glimpse into the workings of an autistic mind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.