Karen K's Reviews > Texan Summer

liked it
bookshelves: ebook-owned, gay-drama, gay-incest, gay-short-under-60-pages
Read in January, 2011

** spoiler alert ** **2.5-3 stars**
I really wanted to like this book since I'm a big fan of incest stories but it just didn't work well for me. I liked Collin and Dylan, but to be honest once they ventured home to be with their family things got a little dull and sugary for me. I think I needed at least a little conflict with regards to their homecoming, if not from their family then from some of the town's people they encountered during their stay.

There were a lot of things I just couldn't wrap my head around - the affection on the plane and Collin wondering why the stewardess glared at them, the way the father blurted out their relationship when he was drunk (I have a hard time picturing that no matter how drunk he was and especially in a small town), the long speech their father made despite never once contacting them in six years, the easy way their mom said she'd expected them to still be together. I'm probably just being picky but none of that worked for me.

I think this story had potential, maybe more so if it had been longer and involved a little more reality with regards to the conflicts of an incestuous relationship. Despite all that, I liked the writer's style and I'm sure I'll read more of him in the future.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Texan Summer.