Wendy F's Reviews > Lover Avenged

4019599
Dec 02, 2015

bookshelves: 2010, paranormal-romance, vampires, my-lovers, bdb
Read from December 10 to 12, 2010

Man, this series is just so absolutely cheesy. But in such a goooooooood way.

I was really nervous that I would have a hard time liking Rehvenge. On one hand, he's got the mini-Mohawk and amethyst eyes... his hair is jet black. Yeah, yum, sounds great. But then he's in a Sable fur coat with a cane, and he's a pimp and drug lord.

But they have an explanation for that. There is a reason for these things, and it isn't a fashion statement. This reason made it acceptable to me and now I think it's hot.

Once I was acclimated to the clothes, I went fast. I'm a sucker for the tortured, brooding, miscreant with the heart of gold. It is no surprise that my other favorites were Zsadist, Rhage, and Vishous. Rhev tugged on all the right heartstrings. He was incredible. Ehlena was a bit dry for me, but unfortunately most of the girls in this series are. Ward herself admits that she puts such an emphasis on the brothers that the girls don't tend to be as well rounded.

Actually, Xhex is the exception to that. She's developed beautifully over the course of these books. I feel as invested in her as I do about any of the brothers. I love that her and John have been drawn out, it makes me that much more excited to start Lover Mine tomorrow.

On another note, I really like Trez and iAm. I'm hoping that if Ward continues they will get stories of their own.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Avenged.

12/11/2010 page 376