Wendy F's Reviews > Lover Unbound

4019599
Dec 02, 2015

bookshelves: 2010, paranormal-romance, vampires, my-lovers, bdb
Read from December 02 to 05, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Wow...

At first thought I hated the fate that Jane and V were given. At the same time, the more I think about it the more I find it perfect.

If Jane and V had just found each other and fallen in love, if V could just give up being Primale and live happily ever after with Jane, then what transpired between him and the Scribe Virgin would never have happened. And that relationship was the heart of this book.

Vishious hated his father (of course), and when he found out who his mother was he hated her too. He believed that she was cold. He hated her for her apparent abandonment of him as a baby. He refused to think of her as his mother.

The Scribe Virgin's sacrifice for her son made this book for me. She gave up what she loved in order to give her son back his. V realizing that The Scribe Virgin had given up her birds as the balance to bring Jane back was beautiful. When V came back with the parakeet and swore to the Chosen that he would refill her tree, and that she should know it was from her son. I cried. He knew that she loved him, and it was his way of acknowledging it.

Honestly, if Jane's death and becoming a ghost hadn't been for such a beautiful ending between a mother and her son I would have hated it. But those last moments made everything else worth it.

While Zsadist is still my absolute favorite brother, I think that this was my favorite book.

(I will admit that I would have liked it better if The Scribe Virgin's sacrifice had given Jane back her life, not as a ghost but as a woman. That would be my only complaint.)
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Unbound.

Quotes Wendy F Liked

J.R. Ward
“You so need to lighten up about that potato-launcher incident," Butch said.
Phury rolled his eyes and eased back in the banquette. "You broke my window."
"Of course we did. V and I were aiming for it."
"Twice."
"Thus proving that he and I are outstanding marksmen.”

J.R. Ward
“There aren't any syringes." Red Sox came over and held a sterile pack out. When she tried to take it from him, he kept a grip on the thing. "I know you'll use this wisely."
"Wisely?" She snapped the syringe out of his hand. "No, I'm going to poke him in the eye with it. Because that's what they trained me to do in medical school.”

J.R. Ward
“Tell you what, you let me go, and I’ll ask you plenty of questions about your race. Until then, I’m slightly distracted with how this little vacation on the good ship Holy Sh*t is going to pan out for me.”

J.R. Ward
“They’d just left when Zsadist came in at a dead run. “Shit, shit, shit…”
What’s doing, my brother?”
“I’m teaching and I’m late.”
Zsadist grabbed a sleeve of bagels, a turkey leg out of the refridge and a quart of ice cream from the freezer. “Shit.”
“That’s your breakfast?”
“Shut up. It’s almost a turkey sandwich.”

12/02/2010 page 147