Anna Motteler's Reviews > A Time to Embrace

A Time to Embrace by Karen Kingsbury

Dec 05, 10

bookshelves: favorites
Read from November 21 to December 05, 2010

This book kept me on edge the entire time. I think I cried more and gasped more during this book than I have for any other novel. Abby & John had some problems, like most married couples do, but God helped them sort them out. They still are working out some problems, but you can tell that they love each other and God is going to help them through this. Their daughter Nicole has just gotten married & that's another key to fixing their marriage puzzle. The love these two people share is amazingly beautiful and the author, Karen, did an amazing job expressing their love through words. John is the high school's football coach and health teacher, and lately, the parents of the football team have not been very kind to him. They are petitioning to get him fired just because their sons are not as talented as the quarterback. But that's not the only thing causing problems, the main problem for John is that his star player, Jake, has some anger problems. But the day his dad buys him a brand spanking new hot rod, his mood changes and he starts being nicer to the people he's hurt most. A tragedy occurs and Abby is left wondering what went wrong, what she could have done and Jake is at a loss for words, wondering why in the world he did what he did. This book was amazingly written and I love the author's way with words. I could feel the love between Abby and John the entire time I was reading it. One of the best Christian romance novels I have EVER read!

I have received this book for free from the publisher through the Booksneeze.com book reviews bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed are MY OWN.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Time to Embrace.