Mary Grace's Reviews > The Mephisto Club

The Mephisto Club by Tess Gerritsen

4202510
Nov 24, 10

Read in November, 2010

This book was given to me and I love it though I don't know what my exact thoughts are on the main characters are. Initially I didn't know that this book was part of a series, which most of you know that I am a super die hard lover of book series. When I read various reviews over at Amazon, I've got mixed reviews. Most of them suggested that if reading a book from this series is your first time, stay away from The Mephisto Club. I should have trusted those suggestions, but this book was a gift so I read it.

Reading the book was a-ok. It was not boring. The story kept me guessing throughout the book which I super love. The main characters are so so. I don't love them but I don't also hate them. I just feel that they are not my cup of tea. I don't super love the book unlike the Scarpetta series or the Hardy series but it was intriguing enough that I want to read the first few books of the series. After that I'll decide if the series is worth my reading time.
Tess Gerritsen

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mephisto Club.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Gor93ous I've read Scarpetta series and this series, and I actually like this better. Scarpetta is a bit too dry for me and sometimes the endings are really anticlimactic.

Please do try other books in this series. They would lend you some insights about the MC. The Mephisto Club is absolutely different from other Jane Rizzoli & Maura Isles books.