Beanbag Love's Reviews > Crazy Kisses

Crazy Kisses by Tara Janzen

Nov 21, 10

Read from November 20 to 21, 2010

This was, IMO, the best one of the series so far. The most coherent story line (even though there was a little bit of a "perfect storm" of bad guys) and a romance that's been building since book 1.

Once again, though, the secondary romance became more compelling than the primary one, for me. This has happened in every book, it seems. I have no complaints about how Kid and Nikki's romance played out, so maybe I'm just fascinated with beginnings? In any case, I really enjoyed Travis's development and I'm, as with the past secondaries, really looking forward to his story.

Anyway, if Janzen's major talent is in introducing romances to be developed later, she's a genius and working them into the books. Of course I'm going to read the next one! In fact, I think I'm going to read the next one tonight since the primary romance was introduced in book 3 and drew my attention away from Creed's story.

This is a series that's full of action and implausible plotting. It's fun (although book 2 was a certified mess) and sexy and, at times, fairly emotional.

A couple of new characters are introduced in this one, which is good since the heroes all seem to want to cut way back on their crime fighting activities once they get hitched. Some new blood will be nice to get to know and will be needed to keep the action going.

So, if you're looking for something that's the equivalent of an 80's/90's action movie, this is a decently diverting series.
10 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy Kisses.

message 1: by Dina (new)

Dina I've only read the 1st book so far. Based on your review, I guess I'll have to get the next books too. :)

Keri I liked the idea of these books, but beyond the first three, they all had a bit of a cookie cutter feel.

Beanbag Love Well, they're definitely cookie cutter. Which is why they shouldn't be read back-to-back. I just made the mistake of reading Crazy Love right after this one and I was more disappointed than I might have been if I'd waiting a bit.

@Zosia: I tend to forget how young they all are because they all have such angsty, grow-up-too-soon back stories. But you're right, when Travis is the old guy of the group that's really saying something.

Auntee I hadn't realized they were that young...
Really? How old is Dylan Hart?

Auntee Thanks. I didn't realize Kid was only 23. But of course with a name like 'Kid'...:)