Kerri's Reviews > Homespun Bride

F_50x66
Nov 20, 10

bookshelves: romance
Read in November, 2010

** spoiler alert ** This book was obviously named by a marketing person who had never read the book. "Homespun Bride" does not apply to the story in any way!

I wanted to like this sweet book. I did like the heroine, Noelle, very much. You do not see many romance novels where the heroine is blind, and I appreciate that about it.

The novel was too long for what was going on. I think it might have been better if we had seen it only from Noelle's point of view, but we had to go through every scene with both the thoughts and feelings of Noelle and her long-lost love, Thad. Thad was a strong, rugged hero, but we were subjected in every scene to his aching, pining, and mooning over Noelle.

SPOILER HERE** (If you can't tell how this novel will end, you must not have read the first chapter.) The story left out a lot in the way it was pulled together in the end. After many, many instances where Noelle thinks about how she could not make it as a ranch wife, and nearly ends the relationship over this, we are left guessing as to how they resolve that issue. They never mention household servants, even though Noelle is well-off. We only see Noelle imagining Thad's poor mother, who has suffered from some illness, lovingly watching the grandchildren.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Homespun Bride.