Patty's Reviews > Without Reservations: The Travels of an Independent Woman

Without Reservations by Alice Steinbach

1020899
Nov 21, 10

bookshelves: 2010, autobiography, great-britain, paris, italy, memoir, women, women-writers, non-fiction, travel
Read from November 20 to 21, 2010

How many of us fall into patterns that we become dependent on? We do the same things with the same people because that is how we have always lived our life. I believe it takes effort and independence to change this inclination to be who we have always been.

Alice Steinbach has the chutzpah to make changes to her life. She decides to put her independence to the test. I admire her for that. To journey by yourself to Europe without a complete itinerary, seems difficult to me. Steinbach goes to Paris, parts of England and a number of Italian cities. She is a successful traveler. It sounds like fun to part of me and then the rest of me wants my travel to be comfortable.

I enjoyed this book even though I probably will never do anything like this. Steinbach has reminded me that learning and doing new things can be fun.

Those who like to travel and armchair travelers would enjoy this book, I think. I especially recommend it to women who are thinking about traveling on their own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Without Reservations.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Carol I doubt I would have that "chutzpah" either but always hope to take something from a story such as this, to challenge my own life.

Nice review.