Emily's Reviews > Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven by Chris Fabry

Dec 12, 10

bookshelves: favorites

This book details the life of a man of God, Billy, who remains faithful through the many trials in his life. I was particularly drawn in by the account of Malachi, Billy's guardian angel, who at first wonders what is so special about this little boy, the son of a miner, that he has been assigned to protect him. As time goes on, we see how Billy dedicates his life to God and is a witness (and in some cases, a literal life-saver,) to many people. Humbly, in most cases he doesn't know what an effect he has had in people's lives. At times, it's a tearjerker, but in the end is very uplifting.

I recommend this to anyone who wanted to love The Shack, but just couldn't... I found nothing here to be unbiblical, unlike The Shack's speculation upon the nature and the very words of God.

I'm thankful to have found this book when it was a free download, otherwise I may never have discovered it. I look forward to reading more of Fabry's work, particularly June Bug, which is about a character who played a part in Almost Heaven.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Almost Heaven.