Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)'s Reviews > Fantasy in Death

Fantasy in Death by J.D. Robb

Nov 21, 10

bookshelves: 2010-reads, fantasy-sci-fi, mystery, library-book
Read from November 20 to 21, 2010

Almost to the end of the currently published books. Then what series will I use to fill the empty spaces? Slightly apprehensive about my prospects. One more and then not another until February? The first 30 have flown by.

Anyway, this installment in the In Death series makes a deep foray into hard science fiction territory. SF is one of the distinguishing characteristics of this series. I must applaud Ms. Robb/Roberts for her restraint in her use of technology to always be the answer. It would be so easy to have some new technology solve the problem. The deus ex machina trap which often crops up in SF is so deftly avoided in this series.

Dealing with gaming and the gaming culture certainly scored points with me on this one.

Really liked it all the way around even though it had the least amount of character growth of the last three or four.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fantasy in Death.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Tina Hey Jim have you read the novellas? They are little one-off cases but they are quite good. My favorite is Interlude in Death where Eve goes to a Police Convention.

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) I've read a couple of them. I have another 4-5 sitting at home. I just don't get the same enjoyment from them. But I would like to see Eve in a police convention.