Arielle's Reviews > The Missing Girl

May 18, 08

Recommended for: high school
Read in May, 2008

*SPOILER ALERT*

I really wanted to love this book. When She Was Good by Mazer is one of my favorite (albeit not very well-known) teen books. I was disappointed with this one though and it took me awhile to get through it. It was hard for me to keep track of the five sisters. I didn't mind the multiple view points but I feel we really only got to know Beauty. It took so long for the action to start-I would hardly categorize this as a thriller. There were only a few scenes that I would call "page-turners" and they were so short that by the time your heart beat raced up a little you were on to something else. The captor was definitely creepy though. I also didn't think the girls talked realistically. This is one of my biggest pet peeves in teen fiction-when the teens don't sound like teenagers. There were many phrases sprinkled throughout that I couldn't imagine any teen I know saying. Also-when Beauty finds out the Mim is a lesbian her reaction is "oh". That's it. Overall I felt it was choppy and I couldn't really get into it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Missing Girl.