Elsi's Reviews > A Thousand Words for Stranger

A Thousand Words for Stranger by Julie E. Czerneda

Nov 20, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010, science-fiction
Read in November, 2010

Sira is running—but she doesn't know why. She can't remember anything about her past; her memory has been wiped. Drawn strongly to Jason Morgan, a human telepath, Sira takes passage on his spaceship on the run from the Enforcers of the interstellar Trade Pact. As her memories return in short flashes, Sira learns that she's a member of the Clan, a race of extremely talented telepaths who disdain the Trade Pact and all other races, particularly humans whom they so closely resemble. As one of the strongest telepaths of her race, she should be a leader rather than hiding from those who would use her and her talents.

This was a re-read and I enjoyed it every bit as much as I did the first time I read it. Having read quickly through the prequel trilogy (Stratification Cycle) last month, I decided to re-read the original Trade Pact Universe trilogy (now called the Trade Pact Cycle) in preparation for Czerneda's follow-on Reunification Cycle. I'm hoping these will be available soon, but so far there is no scheduled publication date.

I had this first book in the series on hand and was thinking that I'd repurchase it in Kindle format, but changed my mind when I discovered that the third, To Trade the Stars, is not available for the Kindle. So, instead, I purchased used paperbacks for #2 and #3 and will keep the entire trilogy until such time as I can replace them with Kindle copies.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Thousand Words for Stranger.