Rachel Brand's Reviews > Stacey's Book

Stacey's Book by Ann M. Martin

Dec 09, 10

bookshelves: children, own, babysitters-club, 2010, ann-m-martin, almost-favourites
Read on December 09, 2010 — I own a copy

While I loved seeing Stacey as a kid, boy could she be a brat! Skipping her ballroom dancing lessons and wandering all over the city without realising how dangerous it was, and moaning about going on a quiet holiday with "nothing" to do. My family could never afford to take us on expensive, action-packed adventure holidays when I was a kid and we spent many holidays going to the Highlands of Scotland where we went on walks, bird-watched, played ball games, flying kites, reading books, skipping stones and hunting for shells on the beach. To be honest, Stacey's holiday sounded wonderful to me and it bugged me that she was so selfish and bratty about it. As much as I like Stacey as a teenager her child-self annoyed me in places. Still, it was nice to read about her as a kid and see continuity - her mum worked at a department store and her dad was already a workaholic. I like it when the ghostwriters remember to drop in snippets like these to keep the story realistic! 9/10
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stacey's Book.