Aneesah's Reviews > A Map of the World

A Map of the World by Jane Hamilton

U_50x66
Nov 20, 10

Read in January, 2010

A map of the world is absolutely enthralling. Though many opinionated it a series of misfortune befalling Alice, I would depict it quite the opposite. Alice and Howard living in one of the last dairy farm with their two children did not predict or even prepare for how precarious safety turned their lives. Alice, having to deal with one despair was again snarled with another, which I believe helped her to get through the other. It is a story of how a family recovers and friendship sustains. Every character was narrated with such complicity by Jane Hamilton. Jane, remarkably makes you dance, squirm, twists, tear, and shiver with her words. I love her prose, leaving no minute details behind. Every scene placidly described, every line of hers lingers on your mind. I believe Jane is one of the few writers that are able to pen down a life saga so sensibly that you might find hard to believe that is it just a novel. As for me, it is more than just a book. Jane has become one my most favorite writer. Map of the World is a must read novel for its astounding story unified with Jane’s talent.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Map of the World.